CIPS Members receive a 25% discount
Join us in Toronto on April 9 for a thought-provoking "Professional Development Series" hosted by CIPS! Learn about IT employment trends, best practices and professionalism from industry and public sector executives!
WHAT: CIPS "Professional Development Series"
WHEN: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, North Building, Room #: 202D, Toronto, Ontario
- Professionalism in IT - The expectations are changing. There is a growing expectation that IT Professionals will know and follow established Best Practices, from ITIL, & CMMI, & COBIT, & ... In addition, the IT Professional is expected to be knowledgeable about and sensitive to "contextual" concerns. Change Management is more about organizational change than about configuration change.
- IT Best Practice Standards - The IT Professional is expected to know about the relevant, established Best Practice Standards as they impact on the work that she or he performs. This presentation should provide a gentle introduction to the world of IT Best Proactive Standards. All of the important standards will be covered, and there will be supporting material provided on-line.
IT Employment Trends: Panel Discussion - Looking at employment trends, but from the perspective of the IT Professional. What does she or he need to offer today to be highly employable? What are the current stages of growth that should be followed by the IT Professional? How is that expected to change during the next 5 to 15 years?
IT Employment Trends Panelists:
- Kevin McGaffey I.S.P., Caro Systems Inc. President
- Greg Lane I.S.P., CIPS Vice President & Avanade Director
- Igor Abramovitch, Robert Half Technology Director
- Moderator: Terri Joosten, CareerDoor Inc. CEO
IT360° is an interactive conference and expo for IT professionals and business executives. Faced with the challenge of shrinking budgets and limited time to test or evaluate, IT360° p