CIPS provides members with various benefits ranging from networking opportunities to national IT programs. Click below to find out more about the different member services* available.
CIPS Membership Benefits (Click logo for benefit details):
• Discounted Job Postings - Members receive an 70% discount on all job posting services.
• Receive the CIPS Connections e-newsletter weekly, which provides you with resources and information regarding CIPS and the IT Community. CIPS members can also submit articles.
• Microsoft IT blog - CIPS members can submit articles.
Affiliated Society Membership Discounts
- reciprocal 10% discount on basic membership with IEEE-CS
- reciprocal 20% discount for CIPS members residing in Canada on fees for ACM - Association for Computing Machinery
- reciprocal 20% discount for CIPS members residing in Canada on fees for ACS - Australian Computer Society
reciprocal 20% discount for CIPS members residing in Canada on fees for SCS - Singapore Computer Society
- Try Information Technology PolicyPro® free for 30 days and save 20% should you choose to subscribe! We would discount the $695 subscription price by 20% or $135. Information Technology PolicyPro allows you to choose from over 85 sample policies and procedures and provides a practical and effective way of designing, implementing and reviewing controls over your IT in the context of your overall business strategy.
- Subscribe and Save! A National Post daily print subscription for only $18.00/month. Sign up now and receive this introductory offer! Up to 65% off regular retail rates! These rates apply to a new subscription only.
- CIPS/McGraw-Hill Online Bookstore - CIPS Members receive 40% discount on selected McGraw-Hill computing titles and references!
• trial one or more of the following collections:
o ITPro: Best-in-class technology content covering over 100 different topics, encompassing over 8,000 full text titles.
o BusinessPro: Key content on all aspects of business topics and professional skills & development. Over 5,000 book titles!
o AnalystPerspectives: Transforming IT analyst research into actionable business intelligence.
• Receive 20% to 40% discount off Sharp Electronics of Canada Ltd. products and solutions
- CIPS members receive a $50.00 CAD discount for Registration in ICDL Canada’s Custom Testing Program
- Receive a $250 discount off normal fees for assistance with SR&ED claims
• IT Management from your Smartphone
• Receive 10% off Rove Mobile Admin Professional, Rove Mobile Admin Basics and your first year of maintenance
• 30% off Instant Housecall On-Demand Remote Support Software. Deliver remote support to customers over the Web without having to configure customer firewalls and routers.
• Special discount at 30% on all products sold directly on the Software Evaluation Center site.
• Special Access Key for use of the Software Evaluation Center giving members 72 hours to benefit from a Free Software Evaluation.
• 10-15% discounts on technology rentals
• 10-15% discounts on any technology purchases
• Will waive the pick-up charges associated with the disposal of end-of-life technology for any CIPS member.
• Discount on E-Mail Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus appliances
Project Management Specialization (PMC) - University of Calgary
• 10% off Project Management Courses at U of Calgary
Free Windows 7 eBook:
Download the New eBook: Deploying Windows® 7 Essential Guidance from the Windows 7 Resource Kit and Microsoft® TechNet Magazine at http://go.microsoft.com/?linkID=9691881.
Operitel eLearning Portal:
Operitel offers a minimum of 50% discount off the regular price of Microsoft eLearning courses for members of GITCA groups. CIPS members get associated benefits from GITCA and can take advantage of this great offer at http://culminis.itskillbuilder.com .
Athabasca University - MSc IS program (I.S.P/ITCP holders)
• I.S.P. and ITCP holders qualify for Athabasca University's Master of Science in Information Systems Program.
Athabasca University - Executive MBA program (I.S.P holders)
• I.S.P. holders qualify for Athabasca University's Executive MBA program
International Network Association – CNP designation (I.S.P. holders)
• Network Information Technology (IT) practitioners who hold the I.S.P. designation now qualify for the international Certified Network Professional (CNP) designation. The I.S.P. is recognized as an entry requirement for the CNP program.
University of Fredericton - EMBA (I.S.P. holders)
• Bursaries for the on-line Executive Master for Business Administration Degree (EMBA) class.
In addition to providing the membership benefits of a professional association, CIPS uses the majority of its resources to raise and maintain professional IT standards. It does this in two ways:
- Certification of IT practitioners with the Information Systems Professional (I.S.P.) and Information Technology Certified Professional (ITCP) designations; and
- Accreditation of Canadian university and college computer science programs to ensure the enhancement of quality programs in computing.
*Member Benefits and Services: General Terms and Conditions
The above benefits and services are available to all CIPS members. Proof of membership may be required, and must be provided if requested, in order to be eligible. CIPS is not required to guarantee or be responsible for any purchases. The company/organization will have the right in its purchase agreements with members to refer to the CIPS Code of Ethics in the event of any violation of contract between CIPS members and the company/organization. Any disputes, questions, and/or concerns relating to the member service should be forwarded to the company/organization. CIPS will investigate complaints and will evaluate the extension of a benefit based on the outcome of any investigation.