The CIPS vision for the IT profession includes the following:
- The knowledge base for entry into the profession has been well defined.
- Common and clear professional standards for the profession are supported by a peer monitoring system.
- Access to a nationally (and internationally) recognized comprehensive competence framework.
- Relevant qualification products for entry into the profession are available.
- Professional status is based on a defined set of recognized professional qualifications.
- Standard requirements for continuous professional development (CPD) are subject to validation.
- IT is recognized and valued as a strategic element of business and the broader community.
- IT professionals are represented through CIPS as the single coordinated voice of the profession.