Accreditation Fees Schedule (2011-2012):
The following fee schedule applies to programs visited between July 1, 2011 and July 1, 2012. Institutions can be invoiced for the accreditation fee plus applicable sales tax.
|Base accreditation fee||$3,800|
Fee for each additional program whereby more than
one program criteria needs to be satisfied
|Charge for extra day, per visitor||$175|
|Visit following a revocation notice||$2,000|
Cancellation fees will be charged if an institution cancels an accreditation visit.
|Within 2 to 6 months prior to the agreed to visitation date||$150|
|Within six weeks prior to the agreed to visitation date||50% of visitation fee|
|Within four weeks prior to the agreed to visitation date||Full fee|
Accreditation Fee Policies:
- The base fee is charged for a visit independent of the number of programs that are evaluated.
- An additional fee is charged when there is a review whereby more than one programs criteria needs to be satisfied (e.g. in combined CST and Applied Degree program accreditation visits)
- An accreditation visit normally takes two full days. If it is deemed necessary to continue the visit beyond the standard two days, the institution will be charged a $175 per day for each team member required to continue for the third day. The decision to retain the team for an additional third day will be made in consultation with the educational institution.
- Reductions in fees are considered, but on a request basis only. Requests for reduction should be addressed to the CIPS Secretariat and note the reason for the request. Background material supporting the reasons for the request should also be submitted.
- If the institutional questionnaire and all supporting documentation is not received by the CIPS Secretariat six weeks prior to the visit, CIPS has the right to cancel the visit if deemed necessary and reschedule it when all information has been received and reviewed by the team. The educational institution will be charged the full accreditation fee for the rescheduled visit.