The CCICT's Business Technology Management (BTM) addresses the biggest, fastest growing issue in the ICT labour market: the need for professionals with a combination of business, leadership, communication, problem-solving, project management, and ICT capabilities. Some 200,000 of Canada’s 700,000 ICT professionals are in such jobs, which include roles like Chief Information Officer, IT manager, entrepreneur, consultant, business analyst, project manager – and many more. Over the past 10 years, annual demand for business/technology professionals has grown at a rate of 8%. Around a dozen universities across the country are now offering the BTM.
Following the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between CIPS and CCICT to enter into a partnership whereby CIPS would provide accreditation services for BTM program, a BTM Accreditation Council (BTMAC) has now been formed. BTMAC will have authorities, roles and responsibilities similar to those of other CIPS Accreditation Councils. The following members have been appointed to the BTMAC.
· Dr. Drew Parker - Simon Fraser University
· Dr. Elie Elia - UQAM
· Dr. Ian Hutchinson – Acadia University
· Dr. Ojelanki Ngwenyama - Ryerson University
· Kerry Augustine - Director Application Management Services - Manitoba Government
· Jasmine Kanga – Director - I&IT Innovation and Development Branch - Ontario Government